Job Title: Middle School Volleyball Coach
Supervisor: Program Administrator
Location: Various location in New York City
Bronx | Harlem | Brooklyn | Queens
Dates: September to November 19
Practices Time: 7: 15 am to 9:15 am
Games: Saturdays by schedule
The Sports Coach is responsible for conducting and assisting in developing and maintaining an efficient and safe athletic program. The Sports Coach reports to the Program Administrator for appropriate functions. The major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
• To conduct and assist the Program Administrator in the development and organization of the volleyball program.
• To conduct and assist the Program Administrator in gaining community and area support for the athletic program at the school/center assigned.
• To conduct and assist the Program Administrator in the promotion of responsible character development and mature behavior among the student-athletes who are accepted into the program.
• To conduct and assist the Program Administrator in teaching general sports by providing technical, non-technical and administrative support.
• Participate in all coach meetings at various levels of the organization to keep track of latest information and techniques regarding trainings.
• Organize, conduct and evaluate group training sessions and various competitions on regular basis to ensure program progress.
• Train student-athletes in fundamental sports mechanics and techniques and review performance of individual student-athletes for providing feedback.
• Assist and provide guidance to all participants and ensure student-athletes receive adequate professional support.
• Maintain equipment inventory for the sports assigned.
• Provide guidance and counseling to student-athletes on athletic, academic and personal issues as required.
• Develop and implement strategies to develop effective student-athlete’s physical fitness.
• Administer and facilitate spirit of sportsmanship, social development and positive relationship in student-athlete athletes.
• To function as a team member of the Club in the development and implementation of processes necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the Club.
• To assume special responsibilities on assignments by the Program Administrator.
Minimum Position Requirements:
• Previous experience playing organized sports
• Must be at least 16 years of age with valid working papers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A strong public service orientation to work well with staff, members, parents and the community.
• Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends (video, voice, data, and computing technologies).
• Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, problem solving and ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities.
• Flexible and excited about the opportunity to work in an environment dedicated to the development and growth of sports.
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
• Creative and initiative
• A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior gymnasium environment.
• Physical effort required and the coach must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Limited exposure to physical risk.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this coach. The coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Coach’s Director and/or Executive Director or appropriate administrator. Legacy Volleyball Club reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Attention: Joel Sanchez | Executive Director & CEO
Subject: NYC Middle School Volleyball Coach